Protocol Updated 05/25/2020
We have always prided ourselves in keeping our patients safe as well as their families, which we consider as an extension to ours, and due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra safety measures and new sterilization methods and sanitation techniques to ensure that, as we have always been to you, a safe place for you and your kid’s dental work.
How will your visit be different with us moving forward?
- Expect us to call you 2-3 days in advance to screen you for any and all COVID-19 symptoms
- We eliminated our waiting rooms, and now it’s a “virtual reception”, where you will be asked to stay in your car when you arrive and call us to let us know you arrived.
- We will screen you one more time to ensure nothing changed since our last communication.
- We are asking that all of our patients to come in wearing a mask/ facial covering.
- We will call you as soon as we are ready to get you in.
- We will provide you with hand sanitizer as soon as you enter and we will measure your temperature, if it’s more than 100.4 F, we might need to reschedule your visit
- You will be asked to rinse with a medicated mouth rinse to help decrease any possible spread of infection
- You will find our staff members as well as our doctors in full PPE (personal protective equipment), so we apologize if you can’t see our smiles, but we can assure you that we are very happy to see you and that the same friendly faces are under those masks.
Now few of the multiple changes that we created in our offices to keep you, us and our families safe, in addition to all of the regular, already very effective methods we used to use before the pandemic like wiping and spraying all surfaces after each visit, standardized sterilization methods and techniques as well as cross-contamination and infection control measures all of our staff are well trained on( well after all we have about 100 years of combined experience here!!):
- 80% alcohol pumps are in every room to be used as hand sanitizers for staff and patients
- We utilize the highest quality PPE and the most strict guidelines that will keep us and you safe in accordance with the CDC, ADA, and the DPH
- We installed hospital-grade air filtration systems in our rooms with UV light to help filter the air in the whole office.
- We use a method proved very successful to eradicate the COVID-19 virus as well as multiple other viruses and bacteria from the air and the surfaces, this method is called Fogging with Hypochlorous Acid, it’s a naturally occurring substance that is actually used by our own bodies to fight microbes and is EPA approved and CDC recommended. All rooms will be cleaned using this method periodically.
- State of the art, UV-C lamps that will be used in every room periodically to ensure sterilization of the air as well as the surfaces in all rooms.
- We are allowing fewer appointments daily, and for that we apologize, because we are talking extra time to ensure that we extensively clean and sterilize our rooms for you, but rest assured as always, if you need us for an emergency, we are always one phone call away.
- Please be aware that we are all here self-monitoring, and we are all getting our temperatures measured and recorded twice daily to ensure our staff’s health. We are testing ourselves(staff members) periodically as well to be ahead of the game when need be.
- Please never hesitate to bring us any questions or concerns, as always, we love answering your questions!!
Wishing you and your family health and safety,
–Pelham Family Dental Team